So for the most part I get along well with my Treo 650. Recently it stopped hot-syncing. I tried both my M$ machines. (Haven't gotten around to trying to sync it with *nix yet.)
I tried a hard-reset. Then I went as far as a zero-out reset. Still no progress. Tried cleaning contacts on phone, then on cable. No dice.
I saw a random post where a guy said he fixed the problem--and I'm serious here--by licking the connector, attaching immediately, and syncing the phone.
I was getting ready to send a post calling the guy an idiot until my damn phone synced! Of all the dumb things, I licked the cable and hit the sync button.
Has been syncing fine on both machines ever since!
I just had to share that.