Owncloud

The place to post if you need help or advice

Moderators: ChriThor, LXF moderators

Owncloud

Postby Narendra » Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:08 pm

Hello,
Completely new to owncloud and finding it confusing. when I install owncloud, I am prompted for a server address and have NO clue what that is supposed to be nor can I find anything about what it should be other than experienced people on the net who have downloaded additional programs to go along with owncloud where this value is filled in.
I havent yet have a domain name. Do I have to put my doma in name the Server Address box?
Please advise.
Narendra
Narendra
LXF regular

Re: Owncloud

Postby Dutch_Master » Sun Nov 12, 2017 5:54 pm

With basic questions like these, I question the wisdom for you to actually run Owncloud. You're missing some vital basic knowledge on how it works, which makes you vulnerable to criminals taking over your system for their own malicious practices. As owner, you're responsible and Law enforcement will be knocking on your door and may cost you dearly. Get the basics first, don't try to run before you can even crawl!
Dutch_Master
LXF regular

Postby nelz » Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:00 pm

When you say you installed owncloud, was that the client or the server? The client is no use without the server.
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." (Albert Einstein)
nelz
Site admin

Postby Narendra » Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:48 pm

Thank you very much for your replies.
I quit installing it. Did not know that it could be that serious,. No I am not that wise.
Thank you.
Narendra
Narendra
LXF regular

Return to Help!