Apparently I have unsubscribed from LXF

Comments, suggestions and questions about Linux Format magazine and the coverdiscs

Moderators: ChriThor, LXF moderators

Apparently I have unsubscribed from LXF

Postby Marrea » Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:57 pm

I have today received an email from Neil Mohr which says

I understand you recently unsubscribed from Linux Format, so I thought I’d drop you an email just to let you know what’s inside the next issue, in case you fancy picking up a copy...

which implies that I am not going to receive any more copies. I have just checked my account which shows that my expiry issue is Jan 2018 issue 232 and that I have four remaining issues, next issue 229. The email rather implies that I will not be receiving the October issue 229 (or the next three copies after that) and that I will have to “pick up a copy...”.

I am puzzled. Can anyone throw any light on this?
Marrea
LXF regular

Re: Apparently I have unsubscribed from LXF

Postby jonni » Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:33 am

Hi Marrea,

Apologies. The LXF inbox is full of similar messages from confused subscribers this morning. It seems like whoever's sending out the emails pushed the wrong button, possibly after one too many International Talk Like a Pirate Day grogs yesterday . Even I have unsubscribed, apparently. But please don't worry, no one's subscriptions have really been prematurely curtailed.

As you were.
jonni
LXF regular

Re: Apparently I have unsubscribed from LXF

Postby Marrea » Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:48 pm

Thanks, jonni. I had rather suspected it might possibly be something like that but it just took me completely by surprise to receive an email like that! :)
Marrea
LXF regular

Return to Magazine and coverdiscs