Security Certificate Expired.

Comments and suggestions about this site

Moderators: ChriThor, LXF moderators

Security Certificate Expired.

Postby ajgreeny » Sun May 15, 2016 9:40 pm

When I attempt to visit this site both Firefox and chromium on my Xubuntu 14.04 installation have today started showing an error message informing me that the Security certificate of the site has expired.
The only way I can access the site is to add a temporary exception and ignore the expiry, but this is obviously not the way that I expect or want to have to proceed just to visit the forum.

Can you please ensure that the Security Certificate is updated so that access is again as simple as it should be.
Xubuntu 16.04 user, and loving it!
ajgreeny
LXF regular

Re: Security Certificate Expired.

Postby jonni » Mon May 16, 2016 9:21 am

'tis done.

I knew there was something I meant to do before I left on Friday. Hopefully I'll remember to renew in 90 days. The previous certificate expired yesterday at 10:36, so hopefully everyone survived Sunday without ol' linuxformat.com firing on all cylinders. Apologies :)
jonni

Postby guy » Mon May 16, 2016 10:09 am

Firefox just asked me if I wanted to make a security exception for this site so I blithely did so. I was still logged in at the time and wasn't even bounced off by the hiccup.
"We don't need no frikkin' aliens, we c'n do this ourselves!" — anon.
guy
LXF regular

Postby ajgreeny » Mon May 16, 2016 8:05 pm

Many thanks Jonni.

I assumed it was probably a simple oversight, and was not too alarmed at having to make a temporary exception, but it would have been a bit of a nuisance if it had continued like that.
Xubuntu 16.04 user, and loving it!
ajgreeny
LXF regular

Return to This Website