Thunderbird 45.8.0 - One email add will not delete files

The place to post if you need help or advice

Moderators: ChriThor, LXF moderators

Thunderbird 45.8.0 - One email add will not delete files

Postby Wood-Turner » Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:24 am

Hi LF I have been running my Ubuntu system 16:10 since it was sent out, problems to start with - Now running OK.

I have just added a new Email address & password appears to work OK, but when I want to delete files from my Inbox, Sent folders nothing happens. The only way to delete these files is move them to one of the three email addresses that are working and delete them. This works. Using Thunderbird 45.8.0 Pop accounts

I have tried using the Troubleshooting info, Deleting Trash & Trash.msf, and recreating the Trash folder.
reload Thunderbird. This does not solve the problem.
So I remove the new account (Deleted) , and re-installed it, but this also has not solved the problem.

There also another very small problem. When I try to open the Recent files folder I get the following message.

Oops! Something went wrong

regards
Wood-turner
Woodturner
Wood-Turner

Re: Thunderbird 45.8.0 - One email add will not delete fil

Postby Wood-Turner » Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:42 am

Wood-turner herre again. Thing I hasve solved the problem .
Load Thunderbird - click on Help - Select Trubleshooting information opens a new window on first page click on "Open Directory" Click on Mail folder

Open any file name that starts with mail. or Pop3. If you find a Trash folder delete it there are other files called trash which are not folders.
I went through all my files and removed the Trask folders.

I can now delete files in my email from Inbox and Sent mail. Just to tidy up the system I deleted all the files in the Deleted folders ( I am using 4 email addresses)

Now appears to be working again.

Do not know how these Trach folders where generated.

regards
Wood-turner

This Post can be closed
Woodturner
Wood-Turner

Return to Help!