mic oss i810_audio

The place to post if you need help or advice

Moderators: ChrisThornett, LXF moderators

mic oss i810_audio

Postby RD » Sat Jul 30, 2005 10:03 pm

Hi guys

Im trying to get the microphone to work under mandrake 10.1 it uses the i810_audio and i think thats oss (could be worng) how ever thats not the only input device as i have an logitech 4000 pro webcam which has a built in mic (which i don't want to use) dunno what other information you will require as i just don't have a clue as to how to configure the mic for use with teamspeak, gvidcap and what ever else i use to use it for in win

Thanks for the help :D

Ps
i have norton ghost installed in win and want to know if i gosht (using norton) my linux drive it will do the job right all files etc etc
RD
LXF regular

RE: mic oss i810_audio

Postby RD » Sun Jul 31, 2005 3:22 pm

OK, i got sound to work with teamspeak turns out you need to do artsdsp /path/to/teamspeak how ever now i can hear people but they cannot hear me its as thought the mic is dead but i know it works cause i got it to work with xdvicap suggestions please :D
RD
LXF regular

RE: mic oss i810_audio

Postby ollie » Mon Aug 01, 2005 9:55 am

Norton Ghost does work with some Linux filesystems - it depends on which version of Ghost you have. The Symnatec web site and/or the user manual does have information on Ghosting Linux. The alternate is Ghost 4 Linux which is at Freshmeat.net.
ollie

Return to Help!