Linux Format forums Forum Index Linux Format forums
Help, discussion, magazine feedback and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

All-in-One Printer and Linux

View previous topic :: View next topic  
slowandgo

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 1:42 am    Post subject: All-in-One Printer and Linux Reply with quote

Hello All,

I am currently dual booting with Windoz XP Pro and SuSe 9.2 Pro Linux. I currentlly have a Dell A922 All-in-One Printer(Printer, Scanner, copier) but the problem I have is that Linux does not recognize it as a printer so I cannot print anything from Linux. Can anyone recommend any AIO devices that will work with Linux and Windoz?

Thanks

Slow and Go Razz
andychannelle
LXF regular

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 10:32 am    Post subject: RE: All-in-One Printer and Linux Reply with quote

I have an Epson CX3200 all-in-one, and all the functions appear to work as expected from Linux (Xandros), OS-X and Windows XP. The printer is attached to the Mac and I print across the network using Samba from other machines.

Andy
fingers99
LXF regular

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 10:44 pm    Post subject: RE: All-in-One Printer and Linux Reply with quote

At linuxprinting.org they say:

Quote:
Multifunction
Multifunctions are generally a combination of scanner and printer, sometimes with a fax modem; they work as a copier, printer, fax machine, and scanner.

For a working multifunction device, consider the Epson CX3200 and CX5200 (use kernel 2.4.21 or newer); or one of the HP OfficeJet or PSC devices supported by the HPOJ project such as the PSC 2150 or PSC 750. Avoid Lexmarks, Canons, and Brothers.

I've seen it suggested that some Dell printers are re-badged Lexmarks.
Nigel
LXF regular

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have an HP psc2115 that works fine as both scanner and printer with SuSE 9.2 (and worked fine with SuSE 8.2 as well).

It was a bit of a hassle to set up the scanner (command line stuff, not through Xsane or YAST), but once set up it works fine.

Hope this helps,

Nigel.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Linux Format forums Forum Index -> Help! All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: