Samsung SCX-4200 Laser printer, getting less than 500 pages?

For discussing Linux compatible (or not) devices

Moderators: ChrisThornett, LXF moderators

Samsung SCX-4200 Laser printer, getting less than 500 pages?

Postby Changeling » Tue Jan 29, 2008 11:02 pm

I have the above printer however I have yet to get through 1 ream of paper on new cartridges. This printer only prints in black.

WHY can't I get past 5oo pages when the manufacturer says it gets up to 3000 pages at 5% coverage, what ever that is supposed to mean!

I bought this printer to just print occasional things on the web at a cheap price, but it is anything but cheap so far. Samsung is just being Samsung, I complain, they don't answer!!

I just ordered another new cartridge ($73.00)! Thats a hell of a lot of money for less than a ream of paper (500 pages)!!!

The controls are as simple as it gets so thats not a problem.

This is the last cartridge I intend to get for this printer if I can't find out what the heck is going on.

How many pages do you guys get fro your laser B&W printers and what brand?
Changeling

RE: Samsung SCX-4200 Laser printer, getting less than 500 pa

Postby dwjs1974 » Tue Jan 29, 2008 11:09 pm

I've only used HP printers but there must be an eco setting or draft I think the other setting is..
Maybe this is why you are using so much ink?

Dave
Great Scott this is heavy.
Opensuse11.1 1gig ram
Dave the Rave
dwjs1974
LXF regular

Postby ollie » Wed Jan 30, 2008 1:36 am

Is this the fits cartridge?

The cartridge supplied with laser printers is less than half full. In my experience all manufacturers do this! The retail cartridge will get 3000 pages @ 5% coverage and the other components will get to their expected quotas.
ollie

Postby wyliecoyoteuk » Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:42 am

Why have you reposted this question when it has already been adequatedly covered in the answers to your original posthere?
Different printers give different results.
The only way that you could detemine if there is a fault on your machine is to compare it to an identical model using the same toner.
The sig between the asterisks is so cool that only REALLY COOL people can even see it!

wyliecoyoteuk
LXF regular

Re: RE: Samsung SCX-4200 Laser printer, getting less than 50

Postby Changeling » Wed Jan 30, 2008 7:38 pm

wyliecoyoteuk wrote:Why have you reposted this question when it has already been adequatedly covered in the answers to your original posthere?
Different printers give different results.
The only way that you could detemine if there is a fault on your machine is to compare it to an identical model using the same toner.

Some time has passed since the first time I asked this question. I was hoping some more people had this printer now and there would be some more information available.
Your remark about whether there is a problem is rather ridiculous, if you read my post .

I have used the original cartridge as a refill once and I have also used a new Samsung cartridge (not one of the compatibles). Now Mr Cyotie would you mind terribly letting other people ask some relavent questions to the problem so I can find the problem or a solution?
You are not contributing to anything anything but confusion and high blood pressure!
Changeling

Postby Rhakios » Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:08 pm

Changeling wrote:
Some time has passed since the first time I asked this question. I was hoping some more people had this printer now and there would be some more information available.

No, after reading about your experience with it, we've all steered well clear ;)

<this post is intended as humour>
<the advisory message above is intended to help those with no sense of humour>
<isn't explaining things boring?>
Bye, Rhakios
Rhakios

Postby wyliecoyoteuk » Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:39 pm

Your remark about whether there is a problem is rather ridiculous, if you read my post .

I have used the original cartridge as a refill once and I have also used a new Samsung cartridge (not one of the compatibles). Now Mr Cyotie would you mind terribly letting other people ask some relavent questions to the problem so I can find the problem or a solution?
You are not contributing to anything anything but confusion and high blood pressure!

Well, just because you don't want to believe something, doesn't make it untrue.
As for confusion, posting an old question as new just because you don't like the answer, is just pointless.

You obviously ignored the information I gave you.
Reading obviously is not a strong point, as you can't even spell my nick.
I read your posts, but you obviously failed to read mine thoroughly.
Try posting on a more relevant forum, like this one

By the way, according to the manufacturer, the original cart is only one third full, and most of that is used to fill the system, so you should expect less than 200 pages from it.

I have only been in the printer industry for 24 years, so I am obviously unqualified to comment, but I don't think you are going to get anywhere by complaining about a printer toner usage problem on a Linux forum.

You keep saying that you don't know what 5% coverage is - let me explain- it is very little.
The Slerexe letter is between 4 and 6 % depending on how you calculate it.
Most standard text A4 pages settle in around 15-20% coverage. an A4 greyscale photo can be 85%.
The sig between the asterisks is so cool that only REALLY COOL people can even see it!

wyliecoyoteuk
LXF regular

Finding Out BETTER PRINTER

Postby Linumuri » Sun May 11, 2008 8:49 am

Finding Out Printer Making Out more save need more then enough to get it in store , be with us chosed what you want from your budget, get lowest price bettter return operasional,

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Linumuri
Great printer toner and ink cartridge deals, discounts and coupons. Also, check out the latest printer reviews and technology news. Web site

:D :) :D :) :D :) :lol: :lol: :shock: :arrow:
Linumuri

RE: Finding Out BETTER PRINTER

Postby wyliecoyoteuk » Sun May 11, 2008 9:27 am

IF you actually used English to post, you might have a hope of selling something with your spam.

wyliecoyoteuk
LXF regular

RE: Finding Out BETTER PRINTER

Postby nelz » Sun May 11, 2008 9:30 am

I've left this one is as a great example of negative marketing, although I did have to fix the URI :)
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." (Albert Einstein)
nelz
Site admin

Return to Hardware