Linux Format forums Forum Index Linux Format forums
Help, discussion, magazine feedback and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Posts wrongly marked as "New Posts"?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Linux Format forums Forum Index -> This Website
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JS
LXF regular

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 5:42 pm    Post subject: Posts wrongly marked as "New Posts"? Reply with quote

Firstly, I apologise if this is a pebkac issue.

Usually when I come to the forums, I check View your posts and View posts since last visit for any interesting posts. However, sometimes, apparently randomly, after refreshing the above pages, posts I have just read appear as "New Posts" (orange icon), so I think, "oh, someone's posted something else" and check it again; in actual fact, nothing new has been posted, yet it is still marked as unread.

Is this a bug with the forum, user, ISP cache... ?

I'm using Firefox 2.0.0.8; any other relevant info I'll happily provide.

Oh, and it also happens with the forum index. And the post links on the left, under "On the forums // Latest Posts" are marked as unread (orange) until I log out/in - even my posts, odd, no?!

Thanks.
Rhakios

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 7:41 pm    Post subject: RE: Posts wrongly marked as "New Posts"? Reply with quote

I've occasionally seen this, but only usually when moving from one computer to another. It doesn't happen often enough to bother me.
ollie

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 11:27 am    Post subject: RE: Posts wrongly marked as "New Posts"? Reply with quote

I've only seen this when I look at "View your posts" and "View posts since last visit" and I use a middle click to open the new posts in a new tab. IRC once I've looked at those posts doing a browser forced refresh (Shift + Refresh) the icons work correctly again.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Linux Format forums Forum Index -> This Website All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: