I used to use fedora core 3 version - 2.6.9-1.667. After I update the new version 2.6.11-1.27, the reader just stop working. I tried in the console and type acroread, it just simply quit without getting any messages. So I switched back to core 2.6.9-1.667. It worked fine for a while. At first, I thought this might be a kernel problem. I installed a few software recently and the problem arised again. I double clicked the pdf icon, nothing happened. I type acroread in the command line, simply quit. I reinstalled the reader serveral times, either the tar.gz version or the rpm version. But the problem is still there. I wonder whether Acrobat Reader is not quite stable under fedora.