This week in Retail Humor (launching on Cybernightlife)

Non-computer-related chit-chat

Moderators: ChrisThornett, LXF moderators

This week in Retail Humor (launching on Cybernightlife)

Postby phorneker » Wed Sep 26, 2007 11:20 pm

I have started adding non-Linux humor material to my website. The retail humor report, which will be setup as a blog, tells of things that happen at the retail outlet where I work when I am not working on the Cybernightlife project, or doing pro-bono IT consulting.

You will be the first to see the report as it will be presented.

*** RETAIL CUSTOMER REPORT for the week of September 23-29, 2007 ***

9/25: A customer wanted to know the price of a pair of shoes was when the display and its electronic tag already was showing the correct price at the fixture where the customer was standing.

9/26: A pair of shoes the customer wanted was not on sale according to the electronic tag. The customer asked if that pair of shoes was on sale.

9/26: Another customer called the shoe department directly using the store's automated answering system, and then asked to speak to the store manager. The customer then hung up.

9/26: I waited on a customer in the housewares department. The customer wanted to know if we had any more of the Hamilton Beach convection oven. (This model can cook two 12-inch pizzas at the same time.) I told him that I would look in the back.

Man, was I ever glad I went to look in the back. Everything went OK, except:

The customer had B.O.!!!

(Someone get him a stick of deodorant, please!)
phorneker

RE: This week in Retail Humor (launching on Cybernightlife)

Postby Dutch_Master » Thu Sep 27, 2007 12:31 am

You think that's wierd? Some real stuff I and my collegues come across on pretty much a daily basis:

at the information desk, no sales
# can I buy a ticket here, I wannago to <fill in placename>
# if I take the regional service, am I going to be quicker then the intercity train? (the intercity passes the regional train onroute)
# I want to go to the <insert name> hotel... (we only do information on the railway, not tourist stuff, not local transport) Several times we're asked about the hotel that's just outside the station...

on the platform
# is this the train to <where-ever>? while standing under the electronic board announcing all stations the train will call
# is this the train to the airport <- especially on Amsterdam a very, very common question. There are about 10 trains an hour going there...
# I didn't have time to buy a ticket (departuretime is about 5 mins away), can you do something for me? (I only drive trains, I don't do tickets...)

Other things we hear, mostly if a delay occurs:
# I'm missing my connection, now you go and arrange a free taxi ride! (err, the next train is in about 15 min, actually less 'cause we're delayed..)
# I'm missing my flight! (shouldn't you be at the airport 2 hrs in advance of boarding in the first place?)

So, sorry chap. I know you mean well (as do I) but I'm not impressed.
Dutch_Master
LXF regular

Postby 1slipperyfish » Thu Sep 27, 2007 3:26 pm

i found it highly entertaining :D thanks for the post
paul
i am a follower of the culture

1slipperyfish
Forum Jester

Postby wyliecoyoteuk » Fri Sep 28, 2007 1:31 pm

http://www.clientcopia.com/

edit:

Excellent! I just checked that page, and one of mine is in the top twenty! :shock:
The sig between the asterisks is so cool that only REALLY COOL people can even see it!

wyliecoyoteuk
LXF regular

Return to Off Topic