Linux Format forums Forum Index Linux Format forums
Help, discussion, magazine feedback and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Problem with MIDI

View previous topic :: View next topic  
comcamel
LXF regular

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 11:27 pm    Post subject: Problem with MIDI Reply with quote

I have got SuSE 9.3 working brilliant except for MIDI, where i have got the alsa drivers and sound working, whilst i have got the JACK libraries and files installed. However Midi doesn't work for some reason. I have narrowed it down to JACK and even when i try to use the command line to starting the daemon "jackd" when i go on like a sound manager for JACK it says it cannot connect as a client, so i presume that i need to start it, however i am not sure how to. Can someone help me get it maybe running as a service or explain the problem.

thanks comcamel

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think somedays when i used suse there was some permission problems. Have you tried start jack as root user. Do it first and tell.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And something come also in my mind. Do you have qjackctl installed, its very handy program.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Linux Format forums Forum Index -> Help! All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: