Linux Format forums Forum Index Linux Format forums
Help, discussion, magazine feedback and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Site revamp
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Linux Format forums Forum Index -> This Website
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rhakios

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 1:57 am    Post subject: Re: RE: Site revamp Reply with quote

Rhakios wrote:
Rhakios wrote:

One tiny gripe-let: the icons for the News Stories haven't all been updated to the new, shinier versions

Now done, I see. Smile

Actually not. This is odd, you don't get to see the new News Story icons in SeaMonkey, but you do in Firefox Confused

Edit: Ho hum, it seems SeaMonkey had some images from a very old cache Embarassed
bigjohn
LXF regular

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 12:19 pm    Post subject: Re: RE: Site revamp Reply with quote

M-Saunders wrote:
Lo,

-----%<-----

Of course, if a lot of people would rather the site was always full-screen width, we can change it!

M

Yeah, count me in as well, I had to check the forum first as there was an update to Iceweasel/Firefox yesterday when I ran my updating script - I wondered if it was something to do with that - obviously not.

Surely the "fill the screen" option is better ? Mike as it allows people to view the screen as their hardware/settings dictate ????

In my case, a 21 inch CRT set to 1600x1200 (anything less makes pages render huge and rather clumsy looking).

Apart from that, fine.

regards

John
M-Saunders
LXF regular

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 11:12 am    Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Site revamp Reply with quote

Righto, the layout now expands to use almost all of the browser width.

M
M-Saunders
LXF regular

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 11:14 am    Post subject: Re: RE: Site revamp Reply with quote

Rhakios wrote:
Edit: Ho hum, it seems SeaMonkey had some images from a very old cache Embarassed

Does this happen very often? When you go searching for screenshots of Red Hat Linux, do you get pictures of FVWM95? Smile

M
SootynSweep
LXF regular

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 12:52 pm    Post subject: Re: RE: Re: RE: Site revamp Reply with quote

M-Saunders wrote:

M

Much better.

Thanks.
Dutch_Master
LXF regular

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 12:56 pm    Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Site revamp Reply with quote

Yup, this is what I had in mind Smile Thx Mike!
mugstar
LXF regular

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 3:17 pm    Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Site revamp Reply with quote

Bring back the extra-lite theme!

I switched to the default to see what it looks like - only to find there's no option to switch back.

<stamps foot> Gimme back! Not like the orange&purple! Gimme back!
towy71

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 3:21 pm    Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Site revamp Reply with quote

I say that's not cricket I can't find extra-lite either Rolling Eyes
mind you I didn't change themes so I still have extra-lite when I'm logged in so it is only something that can be turned on and off in the phpbb stuff
M-Saunders
LXF regular

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 4:16 pm    Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Site revamp Reply with quote

OK, I've temporarily re-enabled the ExtraLite theme, so that those who tested the new one can switch back. But in a few days I'll remove it from the theme-switch list. It's not about wanting to force a certain theme on people -- it's about keeping things as simple as possible, so that when I add a new feature to the site, I don't have to implement it in two different theme engines!

M
Rhakios

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 8:35 pm    Post subject: Re: RE: Site revamp Reply with quote

M-Saunders wrote:

Does this happen very often? When you go searching for screenshots of Red Hat Linux, do you get pictures of FVWM95? Smile

M

I don't often use SeaMonkey, so .... no! SeaMonkey cache isn't that old.

Err, why would I go searching for screenshots of Red Hat? Confused
Huw
LXF regular

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 8:48 pm    Post subject: Re: RE: Re: RE: Site revamp Reply with quote

M-Saunders wrote:

M

Cheers Mike. Very Happy
M-Saunders
LXF regular

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 12:00 am    Post subject: Re: RE: Site revamp Reply with quote

Rhakios wrote:
Err, why would I go searching for screenshots of Red Hat? Confused

To contrast with the MikeOS GUI? Smile On that subject, I think I'll have to scrap that work. I've written widget routines, a complete font rendering system and loads of supporting stuff, but it's just getting too messy. Maybe the code should remain simple, clean and small. Oh, decisions decisions...

M
kilikopele
LXF regular

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 4:31 am    Post subject: Re: RE: Site revamp Reply with quote

M-Saunders wrote:
simple, clean and small.
M

No such thing. Smile
ollie

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 9:42 am    Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Site revamp Reply with quote

Site is looking good but I'd remove the "margin-top" across all browsers. The 10 or so pixels would look much better if the black from the LXF banner was up against the top of the browser edge. IMHO, of course. Smile
Rhakios

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 7:53 pm    Post subject: Re: RE: Site revamp Reply with quote

M-Saunders wrote:

To contrast with the MikeOS GUI? Smile

It must have come on a bit since this then Wink

Quote:

On that subject, I think I'll have to scrap that work. I've written widget routines, a complete font rendering system and loads of supporting stuff, but it's just getting too messy. Maybe the code should remain simple, clean and small. Oh, decisions decisions...

M

I'm amazed there have been no sarky comments from the LXF regulars about "simple, clean and small" and so I won't be the first Smile
Whatever the result of your decisions, VMWare Workstation is waiting to run the code Smile
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Linux Format forums Forum Index -> This Website All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: