I'm running Syllable 0.6.3 using QEMU. Or I should be, but I can't do anything with it at the moment. Here's what happens.
1. Syllable appears to boot OK, and the login prompt appears.
2. I select 'root', enter the password, and click 'Login'.
3. The screen goes black for a couple of seconds, and then the Syllable desktop background appears, but...
4. ...the mouse pointer's gone, and there are no desktop icons or panel.
5. The mouse pointer, icons and panel remain absent.
6. Go to 5.
I am a Syllable newbie. How do I go about finding out what's wrong?
(History: Syllable was initially working, but at 640x480. I upped the res to 1024x768, which hung the VM. I quit QEMU and rebooted, and the above happened.)