The place to post if you need help or advice
Moderators: ChrisThornett, LXF moderators
i have this serious problem and then i cant install xandros ... here is the problem i hope that you know what can i do .... :
Selecting previously deselected package xandros-changepwd.
Unpacking xandros-changepwd (from .../xandros-changepwd_3.0.68-1_i386.deb) ...
Errors were encountered while processing:
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code
thanks a lot and i want this version very much .. ..... so please help me as better as you can
- Posts: 1
- Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2005 9:12 am
Package related errors are usually down to one of three causes:
1. Insufficient ram to handle the installation.
2. Bad ram, i.e. a corrupt memory module which may seem to function okay in day to day use, but causes problems when put under the heavy load characteristic of installing a new operating system.
3. A corrupt CD, it may have some errors, either due to a bad download or something during the burn process.
- Posts: 7634
- Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2005 11:18 pm
- Location: Midlands, UK
How are you trying to install the package? And where from?
Xandros is a "sort of" Debian. Where it Debian I'd do:
apt-get update && apt-get install xandros-changepwd
(I'd look very closely at the packages apt wanted to remove or update)
if that didn't do it, I'd try to force installation (see man apt-get).
It's interesting, though that libkcal appears to be where the problem is: I'm guessing that this is one of the Kde libraries in which case you may need to update Kde first. This can be a pretty fraught process!
- LXF regular
- Posts: 143
- Joined: Thu Apr 07, 2005 6:15 pm
Return to Help!
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] and 4 guests