Seen at the quick check-outs

Non-computer-related chit-chat

Moderators: ChrisThornett, LXF moderators

RE: Re: RE: Seen at the quick check-outs

Postby nelz » Tue Dec 05, 2006 9:32 pm

You say that now, but wait until you get stuck behind the person trying to use dozens of money off coupons; 2p off this, 10p off that...
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." (Albert Einstein)
User avatar
nelz
Site admin
 
Posts: 8577
Joined: Mon Apr 04, 2005 11:52 am
Location: Warrington, UK

Re: RE: Re: RE: Seen at the quick check-outs

Postby towy71 » Tue Dec 05, 2006 9:35 pm

nelz wrote:You say that now, but wait until you get stuck behind the person trying to use dozens of money off coupons; 2p off this, 10p off that...

You following Rhakios about then :wink:
still looking for that door into summer
User avatar
towy71
Moderator
 
Posts: 4276
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2005 2:11 pm
Location: wild West Wales

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Seen at the quick check-outs

Postby M0PHP » Tue Dec 05, 2006 9:39 pm

And don't forget that the coupons are only valid for a limited time only (must end this sunday) and not to be used in conjunction with any other offer, and must not be used on the second wednesday of every month between the hours of 2pm and 8pm*

* selected stores only. minimum spend of £85 when you purchase 130 items or more.


;)
Image Image Image
User avatar
M0PHP
LXF regular
 
Posts: 737
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2005 7:40 am
Location: Bishop Auckland, County Durham, UK

Re: RE: Re: RE: Seen at the quick check-outs

Postby Rhakios » Tue Dec 05, 2006 9:48 pm

towy71 wrote:
nelz wrote:You say that now, but wait until you get stuck behind the person trying to use dozens of money off coupons; 2p off this, 10p off that...

You following Rhakios about then :wink:



Unlikely, they have a "only one beard per queue" rule in the local Morrisons.

:)
Bye, Rhakios
User avatar
Rhakios
Moderator
 
Posts: 7634
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2005 11:18 pm
Location: Midlands, UK

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Seen at the quick check-outs

Postby towy71 » Tue Dec 05, 2006 9:58 pm

When my local Morrisons was Safeway the manager would not allow any facial hair :roll:
still looking for that door into summer
User avatar
towy71
Moderator
 
Posts: 4276
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2005 2:11 pm
Location: wild West Wales

Re: RE: Re: RE: Seen at the quick check-outs

Postby drws » Tue Dec 05, 2006 10:10 pm

nelz wrote:You say that now, but wait until you get stuck behind the person trying to use dozens of money off coupons; 2p off this, 10p off that...


Coupons are the best thing ever. I was alerted to the fact that most supermarkets take the coupons even if you didn't buy the item.
Scour the free advertiser papers to find coupons. Look online for companies who have printable vouchers, you can only use one at a time, but you are literally printing money :)
You should get about £5-£10 worth a week with ease. (I used to get LXF free this way!)

I shall call this coupon hacking, hmmm maybe I should approach o'reilly with a 'coupon hacks' book idea...
:D
drws
LXF regular
 
Posts: 125
Joined: Sat Aug 06, 2005 10:39 am

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Seen at the quick check-outs

Postby nelz » Tue Dec 05, 2006 11:44 pm

Shouldn't that be "one beard or fewer"?

Otherwise you'll have queues of clean shaven people waiting for you to come along so they can be served ;-)
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." (Albert Einstein)
User avatar
nelz
Site admin
 
Posts: 8577
Joined: Mon Apr 04, 2005 11:52 am
Location: Warrington, UK

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Seen at the quick check-outs

Postby Rhakios » Wed Dec 06, 2006 12:34 am

Maximum one beard per queue, then. Anything to avoid that less or fewer malarkey.

However, it would simply be just if the beardless had to wait to get served :-)>
Bye, Rhakios
User avatar
Rhakios
Moderator
 
Posts: 7634
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2005 11:18 pm
Location: Midlands, UK

RE: Re: RE: Seen at the quick check-outs

Postby nordle » Wed Dec 06, 2006 11:52 pm

Sainsburys - "Baskets only"


mmmmm, surely the Sainsburys one is the cleverest. You MUST have more than one basket, so are more likely to contribute to their profit.
I think, therefore I compile
User avatar
nordle
LXF regular
 
Posts: 1500
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2005 9:56 pm

RE: Re: RE: Seen at the quick check-outs

Postby wyliecoyoteuk » Fri Dec 08, 2006 9:36 pm

I wonder what wouild happen if you went into that queue with 10 baskets, all piled onto a trolley ( and unloaded them one at a time, of course) :-)
And as for the coupon thing, they now have a barcode, and some supermarkets reject it if the matching product isn't in the basket(or trolley)
The sig between the asterisks is so cool that only REALLY COOL people can even see it!

*************** ************
User avatar
wyliecoyoteuk
LXF regular
 
Posts: 3466
Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2005 10:41 pm
Location: Birmingham, UK

RE: Re: RE: Seen at the quick check-outs

Postby nelz » Fri Dec 08, 2006 9:44 pm

... in a trolley :)
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." (Albert Einstein)
User avatar
nelz
Site admin
 
Posts: 8577
Joined: Mon Apr 04, 2005 11:52 am
Location: Warrington, UK

Re: RE: Re: RE: Seen at the quick check-outs

Postby drws » Fri Dec 08, 2006 10:11 pm

wyliecoyoteuk wrote:And as for the coupon thing, they now have a barcode, and some supermarkets reject it if the matching product isn't in the basket(or trolley)

The only coupons I use have barcodes on them. They just scan the coupon in and the money comes off. I assume their backend till system isn't good enough yet to compare the coupon to the list of items you bought.
The coupons without the barcodes are harder because then the checkout assistant has to do something with it.
drws
LXF regular
 
Posts: 125
Joined: Sat Aug 06, 2005 10:39 am

Re: RE: Re: RE: Seen at the quick check-outs

Postby wyliecoyoteuk » Fri Dec 08, 2006 10:57 pm

nelz wrote:... in a trolley :)

Ah, but if you unbloaded the baskets and took the trolley away, they'd be baskets, wouldn't they, and it says "baskets only" not "one basket only"
The sig between the asterisks is so cool that only REALLY COOL people can even see it!

*************** ************
User avatar
wyliecoyoteuk
LXF regular
 
Posts: 3466
Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2005 10:41 pm
Location: Birmingham, UK

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Seen at the quick check-outs

Postby nelz » Sat Dec 09, 2006 8:53 am

I know, I've done it! Only two baskets, but they were full of bottles and I didn't want to carry them the length of the store. In fact, they were that heavy the handles were flexing alarmingly :)
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." (Albert Einstein)
User avatar
nelz
Site admin
 
Posts: 8577
Joined: Mon Apr 04, 2005 11:52 am
Location: Warrington, UK

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Seen at the quick check-outs

Postby M0PHP » Sat Dec 09, 2006 1:55 pm

What was wrong with a trolley in that situation, nelz? :D
Image Image Image
User avatar
M0PHP
LXF regular
 
Posts: 737
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2005 7:40 am
Location: Bishop Auckland, County Durham, UK

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron