Linux Format forums Forum Index Linux Format forums
Help, discussion, magazine feedback and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

One World Event - Maths & Linux

View previous topic :: View next topic  
minian07

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 8:27 pm    Post subject: One World Event - Maths & Linux Reply with quote

Hi,
Our school (Farlingaye High School) is taking part in the one world event (http://uk.oneworld.net/) and part of that is encouraging communications with students with similar interests in other countries etc,

I was wondering if anyone here does maths/furthur maths AS/A level equivalent and would be interested in taking part, obviously, im interested in linux and i thought it would be easier to communicate with people with similar interests.

Thanks for taking an interest!
minian07

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 11:28 am    Post subject: RE: One World Event - Maths & Linux Reply with quote

anyone?
drws
LXF regular

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 6:08 pm    Post subject: RE: One World Event - Maths & Linux Reply with quote

Are you looking for people in other countries only?
I thought we had some visitors from other countries here, there must be someone interested in Maths/Linux Smile
Have you tried any other forums (thinking Ubuntu forum)

Maybe you could give some more info on what "taking part" would involve, in case people are unsure as to what the oneworld event signifies.
minian07

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 7:14 pm    Post subject: RE: One World Event - Maths & Linux Reply with quote

ok, good ideas, other countries is the idea, i think.

Taking part will just involve email etc but maybe some communication between schools (this was set as h/w by our maths department so the school are interested)
towy71

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 7:33 pm    Post subject: RE: One World Event - Maths & Linux Reply with quote

what is the point of putting a perfectly good url in brackets, grrr http://uk.oneworld.net/

in this world of click through, some places are worth remembering and that site is one of them Wink
minian07

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 7:52 pm    Post subject: RE: One World Event - Maths & Linux Reply with quote

sorrry i wont do it again
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Linux Format forums Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: