libc6_2.2.5-14 Nov 2003

Comments, suggestions and questions about Linux Format magazine and the coverdiscs

Moderators: ChrisThornett, LXF moderators

libc6_2.2.5-14 Nov 2003

Postby jjmac » Mon Apr 11, 2005 1:40 am

Howdy nelz,

I'm searching for the source for one of your older cd inclusions.

On the November 2003 cdrom there were some libc6 v2.2.5 binaries.

A mandrake and redhate styled rpms, along with some debian packages. The debian ones were for libc6_2.2.5-14, (deb, build 14).

I'm wondering were you got them from as i would like to look at the associate .dsc and .diff.gz files. On debians ftp site, the latest they have is for build 11.8, and the security site only has build 11.

A search on bothe debs site and google dosen't come up with anything past 11, so i guess they must have come from an unofficial location.

I'd like to do some comparisons, but without the associated .dsc and .diff.gz files that becomes a little hard :)

I was thinking you may have it recorded somewhere ?

jm
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
jjmac
LXF regular

RE: libc6_2.2.5-14 Nov 2003

Postby nelz » Mon Apr 11, 2005 8:59 am

I don't have that logged, and cannot find any libc6 files on the Nov 2003 DVD. It sounds like the sort of thing that would be included as a dependency of something else, in which case they would have been obtained via the 'parent' application's site.
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." (Albert Einstein)
nelz
Site admin

Postby jjmac » Mon Apr 11, 2005 10:42 am

My mistake, it was November 2002.

LXF33A/11/02

/cdrom/Development/GCC/
Debian
Mandrake
RedHat

The GCC directory contained tar.gz source files for gcc v3.2

The other directories contained binary packages in their respective formates.

The deb directory also contained additional packages for binutils and libc6_2.2.5-14.

Development was the only top directory on the cd though. Kylix3 was either on the other cdrom, or there were related items, i think.

Thanks for the reply though, sorry about the wrong year :roll:, it dosen't actually help the look up does it.

deb will sometimes revert packages from unstable. And the very latest for that version is dated Feburary 2005, build "11.8" aka "-11.8". An upload from their security team. So i am somewhat curious about build "14".

jm
jjmac
LXF regular

Return to Magazine and coverdiscs