Linux Format forums Forum Index Linux Format forums
Help, discussion, magazine feedback and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

OpenOffice Impress: auto effects.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lancer
LXF regular

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 11:16 am    Post subject: OpenOffice Impress: auto effects. Reply with quote

I've put together a large presentation on Open Office Impress I need to have for tomorrow.
I want it so that the transition form slide is done with a mouse click (default).
But I want the effects (pictures flying in etc) on each slide to be automatic. At the moment everything seems to insist on only activating on mouse click.

How do I do this? (so easy in PowerPoint). I'm using OpenOffice 1.1.3.
ferrari
LXF regular

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 11:59 am    Post subject: Semiautomatic Transition in Impress Reply with quote

Ok, I think I've got the answer to this one. If I understand you correctly, you would like to advance each slide with a mouse click (this is the default action). Within each slide you would like some graphics to fly in automatically. Select 'Slideshow' menu, 'Slide Transition', then click on 'Extras' button (next to 'Effects' button). Select 'Semiautomatic Transition' (middle button), and finally click the green tick (Assign button). Repeat for each slide. I tested this with some simple text and graphic slides. Worked ok for me. Hope you get this in time for your presentation. Good luck. Wink
Lancer
LXF regular

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 9:35 pm    Post subject: RE: Semiautomatic Transition in Impress Reply with quote

Thanks for your answer.

I tried what you said and it didn't work... until I tried "automatic transition" set to one second and then followed with "semiautomatic transition". Then it seems to work, with some bugs, given that some graphics disappear at times, and not consistently every time I play the show Sad

The inconsistancy of whether images show, along with the doulble-movement to get this to work seems a little unscientific... is there something I am missing? The presentations I am making is pretty vital, as we are marketing our school where I teach children mainly using Linux.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Linux Format forums Forum Index -> Help! All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: