SuSE - Bluetooth and Nokai Phone

The place to post if you need help or advice

Moderators: ChrisThornett, LXF moderators

SuSE - Bluetooth and Nokai Phone

Postby comcamel » Thu Apr 07, 2005 5:39 pm

Well i have got SuSE 9.2 professioanl installed on my laptop and with my laptop i have got a bluetooth dongle that works, so i decided to us kbluetoothd magager. this actually works sending stuff to my phone from pictures and etc. However when i want to send a image from my nokia 6600 phone via bluetooth. I don't recieve the file, no notification and any other thing related to it. I know that my phone sends it, as the phone confirms that it is sent. I have put the opex pusher on so it can get these messages, but still it doesn't work. thanks a lot for the help comcamel!
comcamel
LXF regular

RE: SuSE - Bluetooth and Nokai Phone

Postby dapo » Fri Jul 15, 2005 11:40 pm

I think you need to look in the right place, off the top of my head, the file is sent to something like /var/lib/bluetooth. Send an image and then do a full system search for that image, the system has it somewhere.
dapo

RE: SuSE - Bluetooth and Nokai Phone

Postby Joste » Wed Sep 07, 2005 9:37 pm

I think you need to have kbluetoothd running (if your using kde). I seem to need to restart it occaisionally on my main box though my laptop seems fine.
Joste

Re: RE: SuSE - Bluetooth and Nokai Phone

Postby Nigel » Wed Sep 07, 2005 10:19 pm

dapo wrote:I think you need to look in the right place, off the top of my head, the file is sent to something like /var/lib/bluetooth. Send an image and then do a full system search for that image, the system has it somewhere.

Yes, that's where pictures from my Motorola phone end up when I send them to my SuSE 9.2 box using bluetooth.
Hope this helps,

Nigel.
Nigel
LXF regular

Return to Help!