AppleWorks on Linux

The place to post if you need help or advice

Moderators: ChrisThornett, LXF moderators

AppleWorks on Linux

Postby octavedoctor » Sun May 01, 2005 8:52 pm

As a long time Mac user I recently bought a Dell PC to run a Linux installation and I was thinking of using it to replace my iBook at work which is starting to get a bit unreliable and doesn't like being carted around much now.

My problem is, I'm very dependent on AppleWorks which handles all my electronic and physical invoicing, databasing, correspondence and accounts. There's nothing else which does it all.

Has anyone any experience of trying to run the OSX version of AppleWorks under Linux, or failing that, the Windows version of AW using WINE?
octavedoctor

RE: AppleWorks on Linux

Postby witt0191 » Thu Aug 04, 2005 11:18 pm

would be a real mission and prob a lot of work but how about running an emulater with the mac OSX installed within in and then run appleworks from there though it might not be fast enough or stable enough for real work
witt0191

RE: AppleWorks on Linux

Postby alloydog » Fri Aug 05, 2005 4:13 am

Looking at the OpenOffice.org site and using "AppleWorks" as a search keyword, I found several references.
The most useful to you might probablybe to save your AppleWorks works in another format, such a one OpenOffice can handle. : http://www.openoffice.org/issues/show_bug.cgi?id=7906

But I think OOo2 will include these formats anyway.
alloydog
LXF regular

Return to Help!