Linux Format forums Forum Index Linux Format forums
Help, discussion, magazine feedback and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SuSe10 and sound

View previous topic :: View next topic  
adzica

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 9:11 pm    Post subject: SuSe10 and sound Reply with quote

I have installed SuSe 10 on 3 different PCs ranging from PII166 to PIII833 to Athlon850Mhz and every installation went fine except for one thing - I was not able to get any sound out of my system. The only successful installation (including sound) was on a laptop. All three PCs have different sound cards so I doubt there is a compatibility problem. Laptop is obviously using on-board sound chip. I subsequently installed Mandriva 2006 Powerpack on two of the PCs and sound works perfectly.
I am not completely new to Linux but I certainly don't fit into expert user description.
Rhakios

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 9:24 pm    Post subject: RE: SuSe10 and sound Reply with quote

I recommended elsewhere in the forum to leave sound alone if it appears not to work with SuSE10, then see what happens after a reboot. The reason for this is that on two computers I have seen the same problem, but in the first case I thought I would leave it alone while twiddling around with a few other things - they required a reboot and when I did so, sound was working. So I did the same thing on the second computer and it worked the same way. It could have been an update, as I installed them in both cases before rebooting, but then I don't recall seeing any specifically sound related ones at the time.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Linux Format forums Forum Index -> Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: