Linux Format forums Forum Index Linux Format forums
Help, discussion, magazine feedback and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

KDE 3.5
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Linux Format forums Forum Index -> Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nelz
Site admin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 3:21 pm    Post subject: RE: Re: RE: KDE 3.5 Reply with quote

I'm using GTK-Qt with 3.5 on two computers and haven't noticed any problems with them. I have GNOME 2.12 libraries installed.
davecs
LXF regular

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 9:58 pm    Post subject: RE: Re: RE: KDE 3.5 Reply with quote

PCLOS is not a GNOME distro, and the GNOME libraries are at 2.8 for the purpose of running GTK-based stuff.

GTK-QT results in Gnome programs having Black menus (only the highlighted item is readable). Perhaps it is only the specific 3.5 and 2.8 combination that doesn't work. I'll let the guys know over at PCLOS. BTW the latest KDE updates at PCLOS remove GTK-QT for now.

Asus Asus M2N32 WS Pro+Athlon AM2/4200+ — GeForce 7600GT — 2Gb Cosair VS RAM — 500Gb WD5000AAKS SATA Drive — PCLinuxOS
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Linux Format forums Forum Index -> Announcements All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: