Linux Format forums Forum Index Linux Format forums
Help, discussion, magazine feedback and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

USB drive problems with fedora core 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
nerdmaster

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 5:15 pm    Post subject: USB drive problems with fedora core 3 Reply with quote

Can anyone work out why my USB keyring (flash) drive isn't working.

Here is the situation, I've installed Linux on my laptop (Fedora core3), the USB drive I use worked fine until I upgraded the Kernel to 2.6.12-1.1381. I've found that the USB drive is no longer autodetecte when plugged in as it once was. Now I have to mount it as sda1, except there are a few glitches (there always seem to be?).

The drive isn't recognised until I go in to hardware browser, and the line in /etc/fstab disapears (almost as if by magic) when I reboot.

What is going on with it? Are there gremlins in my machine? Should I arrange an excorcism?
A-Wing
LXF regular

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 7:25 pm    Post subject: RE: USB drive problems with fedora core 3 Reply with quote

It sounds like the hotplug services aren't working, not 100% sure how to fix this in Fedora though, but it may give you a pointer. This could be caused by a broken ACPI which could be disabled at the boot menu (noacpi I think the option is)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Linux Format forums Forum Index -> Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: