Linux Format forums Forum Index Linux Format forums
Help, discussion, magazine feedback and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

mini laptop/pda?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Linux Format forums Forum Index -> Magazine and coverdiscs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
im_skippy

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 5:54 pm    Post subject: mini laptop/pda? Reply with quote

What is the picture on page 72 of LXF65????

A friend of mine and I are trying to figure it out. Is it a full size laptop? is it a mini laptop pda? I already tried to google "sharp CG Silicon" but all i got was a press release for a new display...

maybe this is a silly question, but i just need to know...

thank you
Rhakios

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 8:33 pm    Post subject: RE: mini laptop/pda? Reply with quote

It's a Sharp Zaurus SL-C3000 PDA (as the article suggests) as seen here.
linuxgirlie
LXF regular

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 8:10 pm    Post subject: RE: mini laptop/pda? Reply with quote

I wanted one but can't afford one, so bidding on a 5500 on ebay....any other non-linux pda is not worth owning....

Server operating system designed for schools:www.linuxschools.com
Rhakios

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 8:14 pm    Post subject: RE: mini laptop/pda? Reply with quote

They are quite good looking and that integrated keyboard looks quite useful (I don't think a lot of some on-screen keyboards and think even less of hand writing recognition software). It's a mystery to me why they haven't distributed it more widely.
linuxgirlie
LXF regular

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 8:19 pm    Post subject: RE: mini laptop/pda? Reply with quote

Apparently they have a version of doom on them too, but I may have been dreaming that..., I think the problem is that sharp have been stung by the english versions before, so are sticking to japanese systems, which for a bit of money can be translated, which is why we find small online stores providing them, but for a price.

Server operating system designed for schools:www.linuxschools.com
Rhakios

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 8:34 pm    Post subject: RE: mini laptop/pda? Reply with quote

They have a version of Doom on the old Zaurus, so I expect it runs on the new one too. Actually there are quite a lot of games in the ipk format, some of which I expect would run on my PMA 430, if I was obsessively interested in gaming.
birdra

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 5:48 pm    Post subject: RE: mini laptop/pda? Reply with quote

Speaking of mini/sub laptops, has anyone seen the new Libretto that Toshiba is introducing in the US? I have an old L1 and love it. I'm seriously looking at that new Libretto. Gotta keep my geek cred going Very Happy
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Linux Format forums Forum Index -> Magazine and coverdiscs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: