Linux Format forums Forum Index Linux Format forums
Help, discussion, magazine feedback and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Belkin F5D6020 on Fedora Linux

View previous topic :: View next topic  
aleks

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 2:15 pm    Post subject: Belkin F5D6020 on Fedora Linux Reply with quote

I'm using Fedora Core 4 and I'm trying to log on to my wireles internet connection. I have two cards. Both Belkin. F5D6020 and F5D6020 version 2. I can't get a connection established for internet. It looks as though it's capable of finding the network though because it displays the name of my local area network when I'm in the setup screen. My WiFi uses a WEP encryption. What's wrong?
A-Wing
LXF regular

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 6:58 pm    Post subject: RE: Belkin F5D6020 on Fedora Linux Reply with quote

It could be a million things, I am guessing the problem is it talking to you access point. At this point iwconfig is your friend. Run iwconfig and post the results here so we can better diagnose.
glsen_az

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 6:47 am    Post subject: re: Belkin F5D6020 on Fedora Linux Reply with quote

I was able to get an older Mandrake (7.3) to recognize the Belkin ver. 2 card by using the ATMEL driver set. Do a search for the Belkin card (f5d6020 version 2) and you'll find many pointers to the atmel drivers. I was able to get this card to work on another laptop, but not a laptop with a Cirrus Logic CL-6729 PCMCIA bus.

-*-Bill
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Linux Format forums Forum Index -> Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: