FIXED Dolphin Headache

The place to post if you need help or advice

Moderators: ChrisThornett, LXF moderators

FIXED Dolphin Headache

Postby DavePritchard » Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:48 pm

Using PC-Linux ( about 2010 )
I have lost the area to the left of the screen with icons for usb devices etc, also the 'back' arrow section is missing.
I am left with a small drop down menu accessed by clicking on a directory icon at top left, and a text input line, and cannot find any way to get back to the default set up.
I think this occurred because of an accidental mouse click somewhere.
Any advice most welcome.
Thanks Dave P..
Last edited by DavePritchard on Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DavePritchard

Re: Dolphin Headache

Postby Nuke » Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:45 pm

DavePritchard wrote:Using PC-Linux ( about 2010 )
I have lost the area to the left of the screen with icons for usb devices etc, also the 'back' arrow section is missing.
I am left with a small drop down menu accessed by clicking on a directory icon at top left, and a text input line

The area with icons for devices is called "Places" and is turned on/off from the menus by View-Panels-Places, or toggle it with F9. I have it off myself and have only directories in my left panel.

The back arrow is on the Main Toolbar, so you need Settings-ToolbarsShown-MainToolbar.

If you cannot even see your Menu Bar, Ctrl-M should restore it. I cannot imagine why anyone would not want to see the menu bar - why this is an option. Would be like having your arms cut off.
Unsolved mysteries of the Universe, No 13 :-
How many remakes of Anna Karenina does the World need?
Nuke
LXF regular

Postby nelz » Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:51 pm

If you have a small screen and are happy sing keyboard shortcuts, swapping the menu bar for more working space is a good trade. As you say, you can always open it with Ctrl-M when you need it.
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." (Albert Einstein)
nelz
Site admin

Return to Help!