Ive been approched by a telemarketer

Comments, suggestions and questions about Linux Format magazine and the coverdiscs

Moderators: ChrisThornett, LXF moderators

Ive been approched by a telemarketer

Postby godofthedevil » Tue Nov 08, 2005 5:05 pm

has anyone been called up from "CTC marketing" about discounted linux format mags does anyone know if this is genuine.. i was a bit worried that they knew my details but still wanted to know my card details.. i didnt give my details of course but i want to know if they are geniune before i give them my details their website is www.ctcmarketing.co.uk and left me a tel number 0208 541 277

cheers
godofthedevil
LXF regular

Postby shifty_ben » Tue Nov 08, 2005 5:26 pm

When I try to open that address I get redirected to easily.co.uk, so personally I wouldnt recommend giving them any details, it sounds like soemone has seen your details on here and then got more from elsewhere, Might be worth giving them a ring though, and saying something along the lines of I was told I could purchase cheap processors with my credit card from this number, if they then turn round and say yes you can then chances are theya re phishers
shifty_ben
LXF regular

Postby M-Saunders » Wed Nov 09, 2005 11:51 am

CTC Marketing is a telemarketing agency for Future Publishing, that contacts subscribers within their renewal cycle, so it's all OK. (I can understand it seeming a bit odd as they don't have a real website!)

M
M-Saunders
LXF regular

Return to Magazine and coverdiscs