Ubuntu 12.04.1 misbehaviour

The place to post if you need help or advice

Moderators: ChrisThornett, LXF moderators

Postby nelz » Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:21 pm

catgate wrote:Would it be effective if I type the names of many of our politician into it?

Only on election day ;-)
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." (Albert Einstein)
nelz
Site admin

Postby catgate » Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:41 am

More comedy.
Since the upgrade, just occasionally, the printer (DX5000) would print the top half of the first line of text (or image) and then stop. When restarted, it would print the remainder on a new page.... or not ... depending upon its mood. If it did not print the remainder it would be shown as Held on the Active Print Jobs panel and any further progress seemed to be dependant on clearing the Held notification.
This morning management set it to print four copies of a document.
It printed the first copy normally. It then printed the upper half of the text on the top line of the second copy and then stopped.
I had just started to navigate to the Active Print Jobs panel to see what I could see when the printer fired up again and printed a complete second copy (or was it the third), closely followed by the next.
So we had three copies out of her required four.
I told it to print again and up came the print control panel, but before I could enter anything on the panel the printer started producing a copy. ….("well we have our four now", I thought).
I entered “1” on the printer control panel thinking this might ensure it only produced one copy. But, as you have guessed we ended up with five in total.
In my humble opinion “summat's up”.
The printed has worked flawlessly for a few years both with 8.04 and 10.04 in conjunction with OpenOffice, but now we appear to have another problem to accompany one above.

HELP !!!!
Oh, sod it.
catgate
LXF regular

Postby catgate » Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:40 am

Since my last contribution to this long taradiddle there have been at least three batches of updates. It appeares as though the odd things that were happening now seem to have ceased. Sadly it leaves a big question mark over what was causing it all, but on the other hand sometimes ignorance is bliss.
Oh, sod it.
catgate
LXF regular

Previous

Return to Help!