Blackberry issue with GMail two stage validation.

Help and discussion about non-Linux operating systems

Moderators: ChrisThornett, LXF moderators

Blackberry issue with GMail two stage validation.

Postby Davido02 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:02 am

I know this isnt a Linux issue but just wondering if anyone has come across this yet.

I recieved a mail from Google saying they have prevented a suspicious sign in to my Google account. They asked me to comfirm if I knew if the attempt was valid and as it was from Chile and I am in Belfast I said no it wasnt.

They then suggested I set up a two stage validation whereby I have a password as normal and then get txt'ed a verification code which I can then make persistent by device so I do have to enter a code each time I access Gmail. All good works on home and office pc's.

The next thing happened was I got a txt from Blackberry to say my password wasnt vaild for the gmail account, which it wasnt as it was changed and that I need to reverify. The problem now is that when I enter the new password BB says thats not valid and Im assuming this maybe has something to do with the two stage validation?

I dont see anything on the various forums about tihs. Anyone else come across this??

Thanks

David
Davido02

Postby nelz » Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:25 am

Moved to Other OS.
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." (Albert Einstein)
nelz
Site admin

Postby Rhakios » Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:17 pm

The only time I've ever heard of this two-stage validation issue is in connection with the Pebble watch.
I don't know if there are any clues here that might prove useful, but you could have a look.
Bye, Rhakios
Rhakios

Postby Davido02 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:52 am

Hi Rhakios,

Yep that solved it.

Google generates an application specific password which can be bolted into the BB and were away.

Many thanks

David
Davido02

Return to Other OS