Linux Format forums Forum Index Linux Format forums
Help, discussion, magazine feedback and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Blackberry issue with GMail two stage validation.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Davido02

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:02 am    Post subject: Blackberry issue with GMail two stage validation. Reply with quote

I know this isnt a Linux issue but just wondering if anyone has come across this yet.

I recieved a mail from Google saying they have prevented a suspicious sign in to my Google account. They asked me to comfirm if I knew if the attempt was valid and as it was from Chile and I am in Belfast I said no it wasnt.

They then suggested I set up a two stage validation whereby I have a password as normal and then get txt'ed a verification code which I can then make persistent by device so I do have to enter a code each time I access Gmail. All good works on home and office pc's.

The next thing happened was I got a txt from Blackberry to say my password wasnt vaild for the gmail account, which it wasnt as it was changed and that I need to reverify. The problem now is that when I enter the new password BB says thats not valid and Im assuming this maybe has something to do with the two stage validation?

I dont see anything on the various forums about tihs. Anyone else come across this??

Thanks

David
nelz
Site admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moved to Other OS.
Rhakios

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only time I've ever heard of this two-stage validation issue is in connection with the Pebble watch.
I don't know if there are any clues here that might prove useful, but you could have a look.
Davido02

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Rhakios,

Yep that solved it.

Google generates an application specific password which can be bolted into the BB and were away.

Many thanks

David
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Linux Format forums Forum Index -> Other OS All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: