Seamonkey Browser stuck on "about:blank"

The place to post if you need help or advice

Moderators: ChrisThornett, LXF moderators

Seamonkey Browser stuck on "about:blank"

Postby Cagere » Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:37 am

Hi All.
I have a problem with Seamonkey 2.15.1 running on Fedora 16. It has been working fine for months but I seem to have damaged it somehow!

If I run it as a Mail reader it works as normal but when I try to use the Browser it puts up the "about:blank" page in full screen mode. I cannot delete this and I can only escape by right clicking and selecting "show page source". I then see the usual toolbar at the top and I can select "Mail and Newsgroups" " Address Book" etc. But if I select "Browser" it reverts to the "about:blank" page. If I change the start page from its original "blank" to the Seamonkey info page, this does appear after a slight delay on browser startup but on exiting this its back to about:blank.

Can anyone suggest how I can correct this?

cheers Cagere
Cagere

Seamonkey Browser stuck on "about:blank"(Solved)

Postby Cagere » Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:21 pm

I finally came to the conclusion that the browser was stuck in full screen mode with no obvious exit point on the page. I then found a reference to using the F11 key to enter full screen mode and to my relief pressing F11 brought everyting back to normal. I must have inadvertantly pressed this key previously. Duh!! I very rarely use the function keys, but I will now rember this one.

Cheers Cagere
Cagere

Return to Help!