Linux Format forums Forum Index Linux Format forums
Help, discussion, magazine feedback and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Password Field filled on locked screen

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Crispy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:23 pm    Post subject: Password Field filled on locked screen Reply with quote

Hi,

My computer is set to automatically lock the screen when I am not using it.. I went into my kitchen, chatted to some friends and returned to my computer sometime later. The screen had been locked, however the password field was visible and was full of dots as if someone had tried to login.. I am a bit concerned tbh as to how that could have happened.. has anyone else seen this behaviour? It is possible a key might have been stuck, however I am a bit concerned that it is something more malicious.

Thanks,
Chris
Ram
LXF regular

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd go with a sticky key, just keep an eye on your system for a while.

Do you have a cat by any chance?

lubuntu LXDE 13.10 running on AMD Phenom II*4; ASUS Crosshair III Formula MB; 4 GB Ram.....
Crispy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for ur reply, I thought a sticky key would be more likely but was concerned and just wondered if anyone else had experienced this or had heard of anything malicious that would cause it?

Haha, I haven't got a cat I'm afraid, although because the british summer has finally arrived, I have got my window wide open so potentially it could have been a cyber-spider trying to access the web... I am so sorry that was an awful pun! I hang my head in shame!

Thanks,
Chris
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Linux Format forums Forum Index -> Help! All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: