Linux Format forums Forum Index Linux Format forums
Help, discussion, magazine feedback and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Acer Aspire One 725 and Linux Format Live DVD problems.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
globetrotterdk

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:35 pm    Post subject: Acer Aspire One 725 and Linux Format Live DVD problems. Reply with quote

I have just received my Acer Aspire One 725. The Linpus Linux installed only boots into the command line for some reason. Therefore I decided to try a couple of the live distros from the latest Linux Format DVD to check the computer's performance under Linux, before I install anything on the internal drive (I am using an external DVD drive). Unfortunately I can't seem to either get the wireless card or the multi-gesture trackpad to work. The wireless card appears to be a Broadcom BCM43228. The trackpad appears to be manfactured by a company calle Elantech.

I would like to try both Fedora and Linux Mint on the DVD, but both experience the same problems with the wireless card and the trackpad.

Edit:
I just tried Mageia and the wireless works, so they must have gotten something right that the other distros didn't.
Rhakios

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you poke around on the internet, it seems that all the hardware is supported in theory, but some people are having problems getting it to work reliably.
For Ubuntu derivatives you might need to use the install proprietary drivers routine to get the wireless card working.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Linux Format forums Forum Index -> Help! All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: