Linux Format forums Forum Index Linux Format forums
Help, discussion, magazine feedback and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

DVD-RIP fails, invalid pointer error
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
scarydeath

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To rule out hardware it may be an idea to boot to a live disk, although you will probably have to use a USB stick distro if you only have 1 optical drive...

I had an issue a while back with MP3 transcoding. All my music from CD is stored in FLAC, but the car MP3 player only plays MP3 (obviously Wink), and so transcoding was needed. What happened was that violent "scratches" seem to have been put in the resultant MP3 files (like a scratch on vinyl). I updated all software - this made no difference, even changed distro, same thing. It was only after changing distro several times later that the problem has been resolved, and then never come back. I can only really assume it must have been API issues as mentioned above, and not hardware.
Dutch_Master
LXF regular

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not the hardware, that's for sure. (I've changed hardware and the various disks play fine anyway) Haven't hunted 'round for older libs, but Acidrip doesn't really suit me, on first sight. I'll wait and see if it'll work as advertised though... Wink

Thanks for the interest though!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Linux Format forums Forum Index -> Help! All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: