LXF160 cover disc

Comments, suggestions and questions about Linux Format magazine and the coverdiscs

Moderators: ChrisThornett, LXF moderators

LXF160 cover disc

Postby cbuffer » Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:48 pm

Well here's a bit of a blow. Living at the end of four miles of copper wire I'm dependent on LXF to give me access to the latest distros. I thought the recent month's of Mailserver comments had ensured my survival via DVDs. But today's post brings a DVD with three serious versions in 64 bit and a plaything ISO for 32 bit. Are we going to have to fight to convince you that 32 bit doesn't equate with old stuff only suitable for puppy style distros. Smacks of Microsoft's change your machine with your OS. Do you really want to loose subscribers, because if it happens again I shall revert to getting the mag. from Smiths when it has something I want to try?
cbuffer

Postby towy71 » Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:11 pm

I too am disappointed by the exclusive 64 bit distros as I like to try them out in a virtualbox instance first and my desktop is 32 bit :( :cry:
still looking for that door into summer
towy71

Postby Cushie » Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:51 pm

Always pleased to see the latest LXF on my doormat. Next pleasure is to put the DVD into my laptop (x86 core Duo) and try out some new distro. Well sad this month LXF160 they are all 64 bit and no go!

Next I try to copy to usb stick for my Netbook dual core 32 bit no go again. Oh well there is one iso I can play with later.

I noted there were only 19 votes cast before the vote was closed on this forum, so I've missed that chance.

I too would appreciate a mix of 32/64 each month so as to try and please everyone with something to engage.
Cushie

Return to Magazine and coverdiscs