Cannot access archives as I dont have my subscriber number

Comments and suggestions about this site

Moderators: ChrisThornett, LXF moderators

Cannot access archives as I dont have my subscriber number

Postby davourak » Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:20 pm

When I get my Linux Format I usually throw away the outer wrapping. Now that I bought myself a tablet I thought it would be good to read the PDFs from the online Archive on it, but to get access I need my subscriber number, which I don't have to hand. There should be another way to verify that a person is a subscriber to get access to the Archives as most people might not keep the info with the subscriber number on.
davourak

Postby Rhakios » Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:28 pm

Really? Just wait a few weeks and you'll get your subscriber number with your magazine. Personally, it's one of those things I have written down as it speeds up enquiries about the subscription in the event that the magazine doesn't appear on time.
Bye, Rhakios
Rhakios

Postby northumbrian1 » Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:54 pm

Naughty! Your subscriber number is like a password :shock: - you don't forget it - ever! How would it be if the head administrator of a Nuclear Power Plant forgot his electronic key (or lost it) to shut down the plant before him, that was threatening to go into melt-down mode?

We've seen what happens at Fukiyama, Japan and in Russia when one of their reactors went into Yippee-Mode and screwed up the environment for the present and for years to come!

DON'T PANIC!

You can always sign up for another copy of the magazine and swell the coffers of Linux Towers... :roll:
northumbrian1

Return to This Website