Do you love Linux and movies?! If so, I have the job for you!
I'm an in-house recruiter for Double Negative Visual Effects, Europe’s largest provider of visual effects for Film.
We work on international renowned projects including The Dark Knight Rises
and Harry Potter
to name a few and have won Academy and BAFTA awards. We are looking to expand our Technology department with an excellent Tech Support/Help Desk professional, who has excellent knowledge of Linux systems, to join this successful and dynamic company.
The requirements of this role are to provide a high level front line technical support to the entire company, dealing with a wide variety of support requests each day. Our desktop systems are 80% Linux, 10% Mac, and 10% Windows, so experience supporting a variety of operating systems is essential.
• Experience of Linux desktop support essential
• Experience of Windows desktop support
• Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills – both hardware and software
• Documentation skills – able to write great wiki pages to document common issues and procedures
• OS X desktop support
• Prior experience in visual effects or post production
• Knowledge of creative applications such as Maya, Houdini, Nuke would be advantageous
• Scripting (perl, shell, python, etc.)
• Basic HTML authoring skills
Needs to be:
• Smart, driven and adaptable
• Confident in approach to getting things done
• Calm under pressure
• Excited to tackle new and varied challenges
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
or please feel free to contact me for more info!