Linux Format forums Forum Index Linux Format forums
Help, discussion, magazine feedback and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Firefox and Pandora

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mandelbrot

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:50 pm    Post subject: Firefox and Pandora Reply with quote

Anyone know how to get Pandora to work with Firefox? I tried to follow all of the steps of the Pandora/Firefox Troubleshooting page with the exception of this: "Disable Adblock, Flashblock, and NoScript Extensions." I wouldn't know how to accomplish those things, and I'm not sure disabling those would necessarily be a good idea. I also haven't tried downloading the newest version of Flash Player because I am not sure which of the four options to download: YUM for Linux; .tar.gz for other Linux; .rpm for other Linux; or APT for Ubuntu 10.4+

Things I have tried:
1. Verified I have the latest and greatest firefox updates, not a problem since I just installed Ubuntu today, but still verified it.
2. Enabled cookies from *.pandora.com.
3. Cleared out my history.

Any further advice you have would be appreciated.
lok1950
LXF regular

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since you are using Ubuntu use the Apt for Ubuntu to get flash now to turn off Adblock and the other extensions there should be a menu item dealing with extensions it should have an option for controlling each one( I use Chrome haven`t used Firefox in awhile ) but I`m sure someone will chime in to correct me soon Cool but if you are using the vanilla Firefox those extensions will not be installed anyway.

Enjoy the Choice Smile
DrakkenWar

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 8:00 am    Post subject: Pandora. Reply with quote

I was one of the many that went through the Pandora heart ache. It really did not matter what I did with either: Debian Sid or Mint 12 that I currently have installed on my linux box.

However, have you had a chance to look at last.fm?

http://alternativeto.net/software/lastfm/

It does everything Pandora does, albeit the playlists aren't nearly as convenient as the stations on Pandora, but it is free for the for seeable future unlike Pandora's new-ish business model. It is available in the repo's with pretty much 0 configs out the gate aside from an easy to setup account.

I was reluctant to leave Pandora after years of setting up my lists and tweaking things the way I wanted, but I was not willing to pay a fee for something that is pretty much free to being with.

YMMV,

" It's all bullshit and it is bad for you"
-George Carlin
" Live free or die"
-Delaware
" I find that organized religion is the greatest form of crowd control for the dregs of the modern day morass"
- me
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Linux Format forums Forum Index -> Help! All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: