Linux Format forums Forum Index Linux Format forums
Help, discussion, magazine feedback and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Scanner Access Nasty Encore

View previous topic :: View next topic  
catgate
LXF regular

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:08 pm    Post subject: Scanner Access Nasty Encore Reply with quote

Ubuntu 10.04/Gimp 2.6/Epson DX5050 (DX5000)

I recently wanted to scan a document which was 20cm x 9cm. So I popped it in the scanner and fired up Gimp.
I then went File>Create>Xsane>Device Dialogue, and after setting colour to binary pushed the scan button.
What it produced was only a part of the document.
When I looked again at the dialogue box I saw that the dimensions 6.51cm x 10.04cm had appeared from somewhere into the bottom left hand compartment of the dialogue window. These dimensions were roughly what it had scanned, so I thought I should go through Preferences>Setup and change them to something more appropriate. But......I could not do so.
The little beggar just refused to co-operate, no matter what I did.

I opened Open Office and tried "import"> "picture">"scan" and it did so.

So I feel that I need a little help in sorting out what has happened, and better still, what to do to correct the situation.
Xsane dialogue box seems to think my DX5050 is a CX5000. I do not know if this is a recent aberration or if it has been this from the outset. I had the feeling that it used to think it was a DX5000 and was quite happy to do so.

Many thanks in advance.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Linux Format forums Forum Index -> Help! All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: