Domination <SOLVED>

Comments, suggestions and questions about Linux Format magazine and the coverdiscs

Moderators: ChrisThornett, LXF moderators

Domination <SOLVED>

Postby Marsh20 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:00 am

Hi Guys,

Just joined this group. Only recently started on my Linux journey with Mint 12. From the coverdisc I was interested in the "domination" game and followed the link and downloaded and extracted. Not sure what to do next. The site says the OS platforms are MS and MAC. Surely not? Any advice on how to run this?

EDIT : Many thanks. Sorted
Last edited by Marsh20 on Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Marsh20

Postby jonrob » Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:15 am

Hi,

The game runs on Java, so you'll need to install it through Mint's software centre. It's probably called something like openjdk or sun-java-jdk.

Once you've done that, go to the folder you extracted from the Domination download, and right-click on the run.sh file. There should be a permissions tab, from where you can tick a box to make it executable.

Now you should be able to click on run.sh and it will launch Domination.

Hth, I don't have Mint installed so can't double check those steps! Let us know if you have any more trouble, and if I've made any mistakes hopefully somebody can correct me!
jonrob
Site admin

Postby Marsh20 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:40 am

Jonrob, Many thanks for the swift response. I'll try that this evening and let you know. Regards
Marsh20

Return to Magazine and coverdiscs