LXFDVD155 missing softcopy of magazine content

Comments, suggestions and questions about Linux Format magazine and the coverdiscs

Moderators: ChrisThornett, LXF moderators

LXFDVD155 missing softcopy of magazine content

Postby monohedron » Sat Feb 11, 2012 8:40 pm

Hi there,

I had a look around and I can't seem to find anything about it but on my copy of LXFDVD155 appears to be no soft-copy of the magazines content on the DVD. I left the mag at home and only through the DVD into the laptop bag, now I'm surprised that I can't continue to read on where I left of.
Can you please let me know whether the magazine content is supposed to be on the DVD or not?

Thanks and regards,
monohedron
monohedron

Postby Rhakios » Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:12 pm

No, the magazine content is not on the DVD. If you are a subscriber you can download pdfs of the magazine from this area of the web site, but you will need your subscriber ID, which is on the address label/flyer that comes packaged with the magazine.

I'm inclined to think that getting all the current issue's magazine content on the DVD would make the news section even less current, given th inevitable delays involved in production.
Bye, Rhakios
Rhakios

Postby monohedron » Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:36 pm

Hi Rhakios,

thanks for that. I'll consider picking up one of theses subscriptions, that's something I had on my mind for a while now. I just like the print media, it's far better for swatting flies and ripping up for notes :O.

Thanks and regards,
monohedron
monohedron

Postby nelz » Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:16 pm

If you take out a print subscription you get access to digital (PDF) copies of the magazine.

The DVD is completed before the magazine, so it would be impossible to include it on the DVD. Anyway, the DVDs already come with a copy of the magazine stuck to the back of them ;-)
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." (Albert Einstein)
nelz
Site admin

Return to Magazine and coverdiscs