Linux Format forums Forum Index Linux Format forums
Help, discussion, magazine feedback and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CLI on KDE win!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Linux Format forums Forum Index -> Hints and tips
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bruno
LXF regular

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:53 pm    Post subject: CLI on KDE win! Reply with quote

Hi all,

Forgive me if this is well known but I thought I would share something I recently discovered and it is in the spirit of Jon's CLI guide in the current issue. I accidentally fat-fingered a function key whilst in a Dolphin window on KDE and what popped up at the bottom of the window? A terminal session. How cool is that? It's F4 if you want to try it out.

I do most of my computing in a GUI but sometimes I find the CLI does things better, for example checking md5sums. OK, it's not a major chore or hold-up to launch konsole but I was none-the-less impressed. You even get dropped into the same directory Dolphin is in. As Graham said in episode 20 of the tux radar podcast, KDE is awesome.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Linux Format forums Forum Index -> Hints and tips All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: