low profile single slot graphics card

For discussing Linux compatible (or not) devices

Moderators: ChrisThornett, LXF moderators

low profile single slot graphics card

Postby Robert109 » Wed May 25, 2011 2:54 pm

can any suggest a single slot low profile graphics card not after a huge performce.... Its for a secret build I wanna show off...just a tad to low for your standard grpahics cards...plus the motherboard I have is intel based running a i3 3.1 ghz 2100 sandy bridge cpu and I kno linux has a few problems with intel graphics so I thought if I can get my hands on low profile graphics card by nvidia ill have better luck running a duel boot...I really cant wait to show you guys my custome case..nothing tacky with silly lights..
Robert109

Postby bobthebob1234 » Wed May 25, 2011 3:17 pm

Well its not very secret now...

I haven't used any low profile graphics cards personally, but I know they do exist. You usually get a full height card with a low profile 'front' (?? Is that what it is called? Don't know. The metal bit (shield?) at the front ) that you can fit.
For certain you have to be lost to find the places that can't be found. Elseways, everyone would know where it was
bobthebob1234
LXF regular

Postby Robert109 » Wed May 25, 2011 10:48 pm

I kno gave some of the secret up lol...low profile as in height...the case Iv got made is 96mm (h) 222mm (w) 328(d)
the mother board I have is h67m-itx that I got from a friend and says he had some trouble with linux and the on board graphic so he bought a basic graphics card and it worked fine.

The case Im geting custome made will be out of steel and alu by the same friend at college whos doing metal work so this is part of his course...I supplied the design I kno this is a small itx case but will look nice with plenty of air flow..I wished I could upload some pics of my design to show you guys..in a few weeks ill make utube vid and post up the link
Robert109

Postby lok1950 » Wed May 25, 2011 11:10 pm

Have a look here You might save your self some cash 8) as for the possible problems check this

Enjoy the Choice :)
lok1950
LXF regular

Return to Hardware