Linux Format forums Forum Index Linux Format forums
Help, discussion, magazine feedback and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Short term freelance position - Chiswick London

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Linux Format forums Forum Index -> Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
maxeaves

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:46 am    Post subject: Short term freelance position - Chiswick London Reply with quote

Dear all,

I am looking for a freelance Linux administrator to help me out as extra resource for three weeks starting on the 21st March 2011.

You will be working for a large sports-based broadcaster in Chiswick, helping me out with fairly standard Linux installation work.

The individual Im looking for must have a minimum of RHCT / LPIC1 certification to help build a small, but important broadcast critical system. It is new hardware [SuperMicro Twinblade servers] and a number of standard 2U systems, which perform a number of functions within this critical workflow.

Part of this work will require knowledge of Kickstart scripts, building a local DHCP & DNS server and a Nagios server to monitor it all.

Good knowledge of disk storage structures / LVM and RAID arrays is essential for this work, as well as working with bespoke hardware.

All the system will be RHEL / Centos based installations.

Finally, there is a requirement to fully document the build and hand the system over to the in-house engineering team.

Looking for individuals who can think outside the box and will be able to offer new ways of working [i.e. technically creative], and will be happy work with a small team, but in this role will be working on their own for most of the day.

There is free tea and coffee and the location is reasonable close to mainline and underground stations.

Finally, NO AGENCIES please.

Send CVs to max.eaves@imgworld.com. Ill be chatting to people next week cut off date is Tuesday 15th March.

Best Wishes

Max Eaves
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Linux Format forums Forum Index -> Announcements All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: