Linux Format forums Forum Index Linux Format forums
Help, discussion, magazine feedback and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

You rotten tease

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Linux Format forums Forum Index -> LXF Blog Comments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rhakios

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 9:29 pm    Post subject: You rotten tease Reply with quote

So, there we have Hudzilla's rubber-band ball, and what do we see in the background? It looks like a list of magazine articles for the Christmas edition of LXF. Naturally it is just out of focus, or the resolution is too low, so that you can't blow it up and sharpen to read what's there (and I tried Sad ).

Can we expect more torture from picture backgrounds in the future, you rotters!?

Very Happy
Nigel
LXF regular

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 9:40 pm    Post subject: RE: You rotten tease Reply with quote

And what about the copy of LXF half-hidden in the foreground ? The masthead appears to say "... Mini Mac Plus 2 CDs"
- are they going to give us loyal subscribers a Mac Mini for Christmas ?
(or do I need new glasses again Confused )
Rhakios

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 10:23 pm    Post subject: RE: You rotten tease Reply with quote

I think it says "FREE ?....? MINI-MAG PLUS 2 CDS", still it's the thought that counts - and yes, all subscribers deserve a free Mac Mini to play with!

Edit: I think it could be issue 31, if the CD edition had a different coloured banner to the DVD one (which I have).

Last edited by Rhakios on Fri Oct 07, 2005 10:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Nigel
LXF regular

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 10:25 pm    Post subject: RE: You rotten tease Reply with quote

Rats... looks like I'll have to spend the pennies I've been saving for a Mac Mini on new glasses instead Sad

Laughing
M-Saunders
LXF regular

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 10:55 am    Post subject: RE: You rotten tease Reply with quote

Oh no! Here's hoping someone doesn't zoom + sharpenify it enough to see that issue's cover feature on breeding penguins...

(It's actually a list of deadlines and contacts. OR IS IT?!)

Smile

Birthday Boy Mike
Nigel
LXF regular

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 12:53 pm    Post subject: RE: You rotten tease Reply with quote

Happy Birthday Mike Exclamation
Rhakios

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 3:07 pm    Post subject: RE: You rotten tease Reply with quote

Hmm
Horoscope wrote:
You may already know that Libras are artistic and balanced, but did you also know that Scales make great leaders?

Well, I don't know about the balanced bit, but perhaps Nick ought to get worried about his position. (Remembers that many dictators, tyrants, etc. have not been of great physical stature).

Happy Birthday anyway, and get Hudzilla to stop torturing us with blurry, ambiguous photos.
M-Saunders
LXF regular

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 4:09 pm    Post subject: RE: You rotten tease Reply with quote

Thanks Smile

As for vertical-challengeness, Nick doesn't realise: once I've drunk enough of the Weird Green Ooze from the drinks machine at LXF Towers, I'll explode into a gigantic Hulk-like creature of pure violence. So he'd better go buy me lots of beer now to prevent this catastrophe from happening!

Mike
Rhakios

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 10:11 pm    Post subject: RE: You rotten tease Reply with quote

Then you'll turn into a limpet-like monster that clings to him a slobbers "You're my best mate you are..." Question
Very Happy
View previous topic :: View next topic  
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Linux Format forums Forum Index -> LXF Blog Comments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: