Linux Format forums Forum Index Linux Format forums
Help, discussion, magazine feedback and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Compiling hidtouch driver fails

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Linux Format forums Forum Index -> Programming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dutch_Master
LXF regular

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 2:53 pm    Post subject: Compiling hidtouch driver fails Reply with quote

I'm trying to compile the hidtouch driver, but hit a snag. The error I get is
Code:
In file included from hidtouch.c:71:
hidtouch__body.h: In function ‘hdtOnDeviceInit__initAxes’:
hidtouch__body.h:174: warning: passing argument 3 of ‘InitValuatorClassDeviceStruct’ makes pointer from integer without a cast
hidtouch__body.h:174: error: too few arguments to function ‘InitValuatorClassDeviceStruct’

Links:
Makefile
hidtouch__body.h
Note: both are offered as text files!

Context: this is the driver for the touchscreen attached to an LTSP client. The server uses the AMD64 arch, the client uses the 1386 arch, both Debian. The client does start, but lacking a pointer device the pointer is useless. The build takes place on the server, in the i386 chroot of the LTSP setup. Basically, I'm stuck now...
nicephotog

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you run your config file before the makefile , after you put the app folder where you want it as the target?
note: sometimes with more integrated designs the application folder is best placed exactly where its thought to have been developed --example only-- e.g. (/etc/bin/anapplication) by looking in the makefile and the config scripts references' to where it thinks it obtains files for install.
Dutch_Master
LXF regular

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A bit late, as I didn't expected to get an answer anymore, but thanks for the suggestions. Right now, other priorities have taken over, like a rewrite of the menu on our website. The CSS menu works fine on the Mozilla Gecko engine, but displays erroneously on Opera and not at all on IE. Personally I couldn't care less on IE, but Opera should have rendered the CSS menu properly and the Board made some serious complaints to me... Rolling Eyes Will come back to this issue later, promised! Very Happy
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Linux Format forums Forum Index -> Programming All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: