Linux Format forums Forum Index Linux Format forums
Help, discussion, magazine feedback and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

LXF Fedora Special

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Linux Format forums Forum Index -> Magazine and coverdiscs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Marrea
LXF regular

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 10:12 pm    Post subject: LXF Fedora Special Reply with quote

And what did I spot in W H Smiths in Baker Street, London, tonight? The latest LXF Special featuring Fedora. I haven't even seen this advertised yet.

Don't think I personally will be buying it, as I already have FC4 on my computer and I expect the accompanying magazine will be fairly similar in content to the recent Mandriva one which I did buy.

Should be good for anyone who doesn't already have Fedora or the previous Mandriva special issue though.
ryptyde

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 2:57 pm    Post subject: RE: LXF Fedora Special Reply with quote

That would be strange to have a special on FC4 after including it on DVD.
The shelves here are full of the same "distros" included on various Linux mags.

Linux User and Developer has the FC4 as cover disc too,you would think there
would be a better variety.Getting rather boring methinks or just a bizarre coincidence.

Phil
Rhakios

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 8:46 pm    Post subject: RE: LXF Fedora Special Reply with quote

I wonder if we can expect to see a complete family of LXF specials. After all, now there is OpenSuse they could do that as well as Debian, Ubuntu, Slackware and so on. Do they dare to do an beginner's guide to Gentoo? Could be a heavy volume Wink
Nigel
LXF regular

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 11:00 pm    Post subject: RE: LXF Fedora Special Reply with quote

I'd certainly buy the Gentoo one... not sure about any others (I did buy the Mandriva special)
Gordon
LXF regular

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 1:01 am    Post subject: RE: LXF Fedora Special Reply with quote

How about a "Linux From Scratch" special, LXF could sub-contract O'Reilly to do it!
metadigital

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 4:40 pm    Post subject: RE: LXF Fedora Special Reply with quote

I bought the Mandriva "limited edition" special, too: no complaints for wi-fi access using a wrapped linksys windoze driver, so unless I encounter a problem with other parts of the package I think I won't fix what ain't broke ...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Linux Format forums Forum Index -> Magazine and coverdiscs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: