Noob Admin

The place to post if you need help or advice

Moderators: ChrisThornett, LXF moderators

Noob Admin

Postby Guest » Tue Apr 19, 2005 9:49 pm

So the other day i was asked by a website admin to take over his roll as he no longer has time to maintaine and update the site, ok i said but then when i realized what i would need to do im stuck and im not getting repliys fom the orginall admin heres my problem.

At the site where i admin we have groups ie main, user etc etc the main get e-mail with there registration i need to know how i would setup email for the new main members while i was looking on the ftp part of the site i noticed some files and have found that its on a Linux server the file containded /home/username /bin/bash while im looking at this file ive noticed that all the main members have a home dir and have put two and two together and cam up with 4 :D im guessing that they must have a home dir on the server for the email, how would i make a new account on the server and set it up so that the members can download a .reg which sets outlook up so all they have to is enter there password just like i did when i became a new main member.

I know this is not a lot of info but you know what i know apart from admin pass :D lol

the site is a php-nuke site ive checked in the admin section for the tools i need but to no avail.

please help

Thanks

Return to Help!