Linux Format forums Forum Index Linux Format forums
Help, discussion, magazine feedback and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SDL problems

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Linux Format forums Forum Index -> Programming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dorimant

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:45 pm    Post subject: SDL problems Reply with quote

Hi,

I'm working through the Projects in the recent Coding Academy and while I'm mostly finding it very interesting and fun, I'm having some problems running the SDL projects. I'm pretty confident that I've got all the libraries installed and the references added to the solution. But when I try to run even the basic program with just the background and logo, all I get is a blank screen.

I'm calling update on the correct surface afterwards, so I'm confident this isn't an issue. Interestingly, when I try to just fill the main surface with a colour the program crashes.

If anyone has any suggestions or help, it would be very much appreciated. Cheers,

Nick
Ram
LXF regular

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At a guess, I'd say your running a 64 bit Distro, if not running from the supplied CD.

If that's the case, SDL does play well with 64 bit.

lubuntu LXDE 13.10 running on AMD Phenom II*4; ASUS Crosshair III Formula MB; 4 GB Ram.....
Dorimant

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, thank you! Yes I'm running a 64bit version of Ubuntu, so that's almost certainly it. To be honest, I was hoping that I was doing something incredibly stupid; I didn't even think that it could be the distro, or at least I hoped it wasn't.

Thanks very much, I'll have a look for some sort of a workaround.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Linux Format forums Forum Index -> Programming All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: